2021/07/17

My first blog entry (because we're going to pretend that I haven't had a blog before)


Today's entry: Introduction of sorts, How I painted my new band t-shirt!

Hi and welcome to Angel Blood!! I've seriously been thinking about starting a new blog for all year and finally decided to do it (and thankfully people supported the idea!). I'm probably mostly going to write about style related things (clothes, makeup, hair etc.) but I can't promise that I won't write about anything else.

I know that blogs are very last decade if not even the second last decade (as in 2000's) and if I actually wanted to like "gather an audience" or something I should use TikTok and Youtube, like make videos, but frankly enough I don't want to. I hate making videos, and I've tried using TikTok and it's just not for me, like no </3. So I'm starting another blog, probably my 4th or 5th lol.

Also the blog name is from me mishearing the lyrics to DOGMA by The GazettE, I thought that the lyrics went like "Angel blood" but it was actually "Hate your life" haha. It was very much not the first of their songs I've understood wrong, like sometimes I can't even tell if the lyrics are in English or Japanese. Anyway! I really like the aesthetic of "angel blood" so that's what I'm going with.

I'm not going to make myself any kind of schedule, I'll write something whenever I want to and I hope that that'll prevent me from wanting to abandon the whole blog lol. And also if you ever have anything you'd like me to write about just let me know and I'll see what I can do!

T-shirt tutorial yay!!

And now so that the first entry won't be super boring here's also a tutorial on how I painted my new (and currently only) The GazettE t-shirt (I could say I'm sorry for constantly talking about The GazettE but I'm not like right now I just like them so very much that they're always on my mind)! But yes so what I used were a plain black t-shirt that was like 5€ at H&M, I bought it just for this, fabric paint & acrylic paint because I ran out of white fabric paint, a template? a stencil? for the texts + the picture on the front and paint brushes etc.

I made the template so that I opened the reference pictures on my laptop and drew them through on normal copy paper (A3 size so like two A4's taped together) and then cut out the pictures with a box cutter (though the first couple of letters I cut out with scissors because I was too lazy to look for a box cutter just yet). Then I placed the template on the t-shirt (don't forget to put something inside the shirt to avoid the paint from going through on the other side like I forgot when I painted the front) and drew out the picture/letters with a white paint marker (you can just paint straight through the template if you don't have white markers).

Then I painted the first layer and let it dry, after which I painted the details of the letters and the picture with black paint, cleaning up the edges too, and then added a second layer of paint. Then I repeated the whole thing on the back except this time I realised that I should put something inside the shirt to avoid the paint going through to the other side. Though it didn't come without complications either cause now the shirt has small pieces of paper stuck on the inside oops. Anyway the last step is to iron the new painted pictures but I haven't done that yet. And I'll probably use my hair straightener for it anyway instead of an actual iron.

Also the only reason why acrylic paint might not be the best thing to use on clothes is because the paint gets really stiff when it dries instead of moving with the fabric like actual fabric paint does so that's something to think about. In my opinion acrylic paint is alright for smaller pictures/letters but if it's a bigger picture like the silhouette in the front it's probably not the best idea and you should use fabric paint. Oh yeah and I ended up cutting off the collar of the shirt so I can also use it as an off the shoulder shirt instead of just regular t-shirt.

Here are more pictures of the shirt and the making of, and also I hope you like my blog as much as I do!! <3






Update: I didn't remember to iron the shirt before washing it and a lot of paint left after the first wash so... it is truly a good idea to iron the fabric you've painted before washing it.

3 comments: